Call for Papers – AfRES Conference 2018: Integrating the African Real Estate Market- An Agenda
We have been away for a long time; it is now time to go back to Nigeria. We are pleased to invite you to the 18th African Real Estate Society (AFRES) Annual Conference to be held on 10th – 14th September, 2018 at the Green Legacy Resort, Presidential Boulevard, Oke- Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria.
Abeokuta is a city of over half a million population. It is about 77 kilometres north of Lagos and can be reached by train and road. It is situated on the Ogun River and famous for its granite rocks surrounding the city. Land is fertile and lies in the country wooded savanna. It was established around 1830 as a place of refuge from slave hunters for people from different tribes. The city saw different wars between different tribes over its history and also in 1940s saw the Abeokuta Women’s Revolt against taxation by the colonial government. There are several historical sites to be visited and we are sure that you will enjoy your stay with us in Abeokuta.
The AfRES conference attracts representatives from academia and practice from the continent and also from across the world to discuss and present innovative solutions to real estate challenges. The conference encourages professionals from the private real estate sector, government agencies, academia, and other stakeholders in the sector.
The conference encourages the submission of papers with a broad spectrum of real estate related issues;
1. Macro-economic policy and real estate markets
2. Real estate markets and housing developments
3. Real estate investment trust
4. Research in real estate
5. Land administration and management
6. Real estate finance and investment
7. Real estate market research
8. Property and facility management
9. Sustainable real estate market
10. Research priorities for real estate education institution
11. Real estate education curricula: A workplace feedback
12. Collaboration/synergy between real estate practitioners and academia
Abstracts for papers should be of approximately 300 words in length, with keywords, and should also include:
1. A concise title
2. The name, clearly stating first name and surname,
3. Status and affiliation of the speakers (s),
4. A contact email address,
5. A template to assist for the abstract would be to ensure that each abstract has the following titles (as deemed appropriate):
b. Design / methods followed/ approach.
d. Research limitations / implications.
e. Practical implications.
f. Originality / Value of work.
- We would like to also encourage abstracts from practitioners regarding case studies they might have come across and would be beneficial for all to learn from.
- All conference rooms have a computer, data projector, and screen. Please also let us know if you require any special equipment.
- Papers presentation shall not exceed 15 minutes, followed by a period of Q & A.
The following deadlines apply for REFEREED PAPERS: We are unable to referee a paper arriving after these dates. Thank you.
|Abstracts for papers (300 words maximum)||2nd,April, 2018|
|Notification of acceptance of abstracts||1st, May 2018|
|Submission of papers for refereeing||15th, May 2018|
|Notification to authors||25th, June, 2018|
|Re-submission of refereed papers for approval||16th, July, 2018|
|Final submission for inclusion in conference proceedings||6th, August, 2018|
The following deadlines apply for NON-REFEREED PAPERS:
|Abstracts for non-refereed papers (300 words maximum)||1st, June, 2018|
|Notification of acceptance of abstracts||6th, July, 2018|
|Abstract to be submitted for inclusion in proceedings||3rd, August, 2018|
Authors should submit their abstracts and papers electronically using MS Word format.
There are several prizes for best paper and also for best student paper, good luck to all. Papers will also be considered for publication in the Journal of Real Estate Research (JARER).
No papers will be included in the program until the presenter has registered and paid the relevant conference fees. This is necessary to ensure the quality of our programme.
Please forward your submission to:
Prof. Aly Karam
University of the Witwatersrand
School of Architecture and Planning, Johannesburg, South Africa.